Natural stone in the bathroom
From opulent marble to stark black Basaltina, natural stone is the inspirational material of choice for an outstanding bathroom.The master bathroom is frequently the defining point of quality in a project and is traditionally where the stone budget is more generous to allow for creative design.
Almost all natural stone will be suitable for use in the bathroom, offering a vast colour pallette and the opportunity to create made to measure features such as vanity tops, shower benches,and solid carved basins.
In all cases the stone will require sealing and professional installation that includes tanking wet areas. There are a small number of limestones that will not be suitable for prolonged exposure to water so please seek our advice on this before specifying. A honed finish is often specified for the floor to provide greater slip resistance.
Natural Stone Projects specializes in the production of bespoke solid carved bathtubs – but remember, with the bathtubs weighing around 1000kg, the first point to consider is access!
Contemporary luxury stone features
1. Solid carved bathtub in limestone or marble
2. Double carved basin or two single carved basins
3. Large panels of stone, say 2m x 1m for wall and floors
4. Bookmatched marbles
5. Waterjet cut design for patterned floor in combination of stones
6. Bespoke features such as a textured wall, intricate stone screen or massage table
TYPE: CONTEMPORARY LUXURY BATHROOM
CLASSIC STYLE LUXURY BATHROOM
Creating a bathroom in stone provides opportunities for detail and a wide palette of colours apart from the traditional bias towards white. In the bathroom some of these glorious materials and defining details can provide a space with a personal stamp of extrovert style.
Classic style features:
1. Roman style carved marble bathtub
2. Detailed edge finishes for vanity tops and panelling
3. Carved basins in the style of classic periods such as Art Deco
4. Stand alone trays for cage showers
5. Hammam style alcoves
6. Bookmatched marble